Monday 11 November 2013

Life is Funny

“The only time you should look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them.” 

- Louis C.K. 

After such an awful  and challenging month of October, I am shocked at how wonderfully the month of November has treated me thus far! I am truly grateful for my family, friends, hubby, my body and whatever higher power that may exist that has blessed me with this wonderful life! Thank you a million times. I am so grateful and so incredibly blessed.

November has been fantastic for a variety of reasons.

  • My neck pain is gone! Woo!
  • My headaches are back to normal. They're infrequent, and I can directly link them to a trigger (too much tv/internet, sugar, caffeine, hunger, exhaustion). If I take Tylenol and put some ice on my head, it fades within minutes. Most of the time I only use the ice, unless it's a doozy of a headache.
  • Our new place is kick ass. I love it! The downfall to renting is that unless the home owner soundproofs the crap out of the basement apartment, then it's impossible to never hear your neighbors. Overall, they're not too loud at all. It's not forever, anyways! We will (hopefully) be able to afford a house in the next few years. Positive thinking!!
  • I am in awesome spirits! I am very very happy overall.
  • Work has been way more pleasant because I'm in a good mood and my time here is coming to an end (20 more work days!!!!). I started training my replacement last Wednesday, who also happens to be a good friend of mine, so that makes time flyyyyy by during the 3 days a week she is here. One whole month of working with her for 3 days out of my work week...exciting! :)
  • I am both nervous and excited to be off work one month before my due date. Money will be a little tight, but we will manage! I'm saving as much money as possible beforehand so that I don't stress about only being paid 55% of what I'm used to. That being said, I am very lucky that the Canadian government pays anything at all for one year of maternity leave! Blessed to be Canadian, as always. Getting one whole year with my little guy while also getting a paycheck (albeit a small one) is wonderful!
xoxo,
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment