Tuesday 26 November 2013

Hey, I'm allowed to feel crappy sometimes! Not every day can be perfect :P

I am getting so close to going on maternity leave; 9 work days left! It's pretty wild how quickly time is passing this month. Less than one month until Christmas as well, which I am super excited for (as always). I have a good amount of money saved up to get me by until my EI kicks in (HOPEFULLY, it should only take 1 month to receive my first cheque) as long as I take it easy spending money. Easier said than done this time of year, that's for sure. There is so much that I need to buy this pay...yikes! The only gifts I will be buying this year are as follows:

  • Chris (done)
  • My mom & dad (done)
  • My brother & sister-in-law
  • 1 gift each for my 3 nephews
We're giving everyone gift cards (except for Maddux, of course, because he's 2)...it's just a lot more convenient for us right now with how busy we are. One day we'll be able to do Christmas "right", but for now we can only afford what we can afford. Christmas isn't even about the gifts, it's about family time, but I would feel awful if I didn't get anything for anyone! Thankfully Chris' family doesn't exchange gifts, so that's one less thing to worry about. In fact, they cancelled Christmas this year so I'm not even sure if we'll see his mom & step dad at all (though that would be nice, who knows). 

Aside from all of these SUPER EXCITING money plans (lol, right!), life is alright. My low back has been acting up BIG TIME since Saturday. The pain is so intense that I can't really walk more than a few feet, so I've been stuck with my feet up and a heating pad or ice pack on my low back all weekend. I tried so hard to get housework done, but the pain was so intense that I honestly wanted to scream every time I took a step and eventually couldn't even walk. LAME. I'm going to the chiropractor tonight for some acupuncture and an adjustment, so hopefully that helps a bit.

Another thing....I have felt absolutely AWFUL this week (I know, it's only Tuesday). I'm not sleeping, I feel nauseated, have a headache and generally just want to take a Diclectin, sip on some gingerale and lay on my couch with an ice pack on my forehead. I woke up yesterday feeling like I got hit by a truck, for a lack of better explanation. I'm not sure if I feel so nauseated and have a headache because I'm not sleeping through the night, or if I've come down with a flu or something (AGAIN). I can't wait to get out of this place! There is always a flu or cold circulating this time of year, and everyone just gets sick over and over all winter. Even the GM at my work, who NEVER EVER takes sick time is off today because she's deathly ill. 

I'm praying to god that my immune system can fight off any colds/flus for the next 2 weeks because once I'm off I won't be exposed to that kind of thing ever and won't have to worry about getting sick. My plan is to quarantine myself until after the baby is born and hope to god I don't get a nasty stomach flu like I have the past 2 years. If I got the stomach flu while I was pregnant, I would demand to be hospitalized because it would be SO dangerous for the baby to go through that.

No comments:

Post a Comment